The Office of Undergraduate Studies advocates for and strategically advances undergraduate education at the University of Kansas. We enable students to build foundational intellectual skills and access academic services that support and challenge them. We walk with students from orientation to graduation, providing them with high-quality, data-driven academic and career advising, challenging and empowering first year seminars, and engaging experiential learning. We share with faculty and staff best practices on academic engagement and retention strategies, and assist them as they bring 21st century pedagogy to life in and beyond the classroom.
Our students graduate on time and lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
- Student-centered education
- Intellectual challenge and discovery
- Lifelong learning and empowerment
We embrace the KU Core goals
- Critical thinking and quantitative literacy
- Written and oral communication skills
- Breadth of knowledge
- Appreciation of human and cultural diversity
- Ethics and social responsibility
- Creative thinking and integration of knowledge