The adidas Leadership Scholars Program is not currently accepting applications for the summer of 2019. Check back for future opportunities to get involved with this program
Summer Success Academy
All admitted adidas Leadership Scholars are required to participate in the program's Summer Success Academy. This is a 6 week program that takes place on campus. During this time students will complete New Student Orientation, take two classes that will go towards their college degree, live together in on-campus housing, and participate in programming geared to helping students make the transition to KU. The cost for the classes, room, meal plan, and basic supplies including textbooks will be covered by the program.
All scholars will be pre-enrolled in courses before arriving based on previously earned college credit and Math placement scores. All courses the scholars are enrolled complete a KU core requirement and will be applied towards all degree plans, no matter the scholar's major.
Scholars will take:
- College Algebra (MATH 101) or Speaker-Audience Communication (COMS 130)*
- Introduction to Leadership (LDST 201) and Intro to Leadership Applications (LDST 202
*Only scholars with have earned college-level credit for College Algebra (MATH 101) or have placed into an advanced math course per the math placement policy will enroll in COMS 130. Course enrollment will be determined by program staff.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Summer Success Academy
Scholars can expect to spend a good chunk of ther day during the Summer Success Academy in class. Also, during the summer Scholars will begin working with program staff through regular meetings with academic success coaches, academic advisors, and peer mentors. Scholars will also be led through a series of programs, activities and services that work together – and with you to put you on the path to college success:
- Academic skills workshops including time management, note taking, study skills, exam preparation, and strategies for working with your professors
- Peer mentoring
- Individualized guidance and support from Financial Aid, Undergraduate Advising Center (UAC), University Career Center (UCC), Academic Achievement and Access Center (AAAC) and more
- Social, community service, and networking events
Click here to see a sample of a scholar's Summer Success Academy Schedule
Apart from the initial orientation weekend, scholars do not have required events on the weekend.
All applicants are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as follows:
- The FAFSA for 2018-2019 (University of Kansas school code is 001948)
- The FAFSA for 2019-2020 (University of Kansas school code is 001948)
To encourage student participation and assist with financial obligations, students will utilize their Pell award and institutional funds to offset any costs of Summer Success Academy. No additional costs are required for Scholars to participate in the summer program. Summer housing and meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) will be provided for the six-week program as well as enrollment in summer courses (up to 6 credit hours).
Questions? e-mail email@example.com or call 785-864-4907