Summer Success Academy
June 15 - July 27, 2018
The Adidas Leadership Scholars program begins with a six-week long residential summer program to help students in their transitions into the university. The Summer Success Academy consists of three main components:
- College Algebra (MATH 101) or Speaker-Audience Communication (COMS 130)*
- Introduction to Leadership (LDST 201) and Intro to Leadership Applications (LDST 202)
- Team project
- Programming designed to help orient students to campus
Scholars agree to mandatory attendance at selected academic and co-curricular events throughout the program and commit to enroll in designated classes in summer 2018, fall 2018, and spring 2019 with academic advisor assistance. Students will need to maintain a 2.50 GPA each semester in order to continue in the program. To encourage student participation and assist with financial obligations, students will utilize their Pell award and institutional funds to offset any costs for the Summer Success Academy. No additional costs are required for Scholars to participate in the summer program. Summer housing and meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) will be provided for the six-week program as well as enrollment in summer courses (up to 6 credit hours).
*Only scholars with have earned college-level credit for College Algebra (MATH 101) or have placed into an advanced math course per the math placement policy will enroll in COMS 130. Course enrollment will be determined by program staff.
- Individualized study skills and learning-style assessments
- Academic skills workshops including time management, note taking, study skills, exam preparation, and strategies for working with your professors
- Peer mentoring
- Leadership development
- Introduction to key faculty and staff
- Individualized guidance and support from Financial Aid, Undergraduate Advising Center (UAC), University Career Center (UCC), Academic Achievement and Access Center (AAAC) and more
- Social, community service, and networking events
The Adidas Leadership Scholars is open to students who are Pell-grant eligible or meet first-generation to college status. In order to verify eligibility, all applicants are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as follows:
- The FAFSA for 2017-2018 (University of Kansas school code is 001948)
- The FAFSA for 2018-2019 (University of Kansas school code is 001948)
To encourage student participation and assist with financial obligations, students will utilize their Pell award and institutional funds to offset any costs of Summer Success Academy. No additional costs are required for Scholars to participate in the summer program. Summer housing and meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) will be provided for the six-week program as well as enrollment in summer courses (up to 6 credit hours).
- November 1 - Priority deadline for admission to KU (Apply by this date to be considered for scholarships, early decision for scholarship halls, and the University Honors Program)
- December 1 - Priority deadline to submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (Apply by this date to be considered for as many scholarships as possible)
- December 15 – Adidas Leadership Scholars application available
- January thru March 2018 - Students notified of admission into program on a rolling basis
- February 1 - Deadline to apply for admission to KU
- March 15 – Deadline to apply for the Adidas Leadership Scholars program
- March 23 - All remaining applicants notified of admission status
- May 1 – Deadline for admitted participants to confirm or deny program participation
- June 15 – Adidas Leadership Scholars summer program move-in and mandatory summer orientation
- July 1 – Official transcripts must be submitted to confirm your KU admission status and scholarship, if awarded.
- July 27 – Last day of the Adidas Leadership Scholars summer program
- August 20 – First day of the fall 2018 semester
You will need to use your KU Online ID and password to access the application